Senior high school students
Going to university is a life-changing experience. It can enable you to follow one or many careers, build confidence to take on greater responsibilities, get job-ready and make friends for life. Most importantly, university helps you to pursue your passion, or discover it.
Getting ready for university doesn't have to be daunting. Instead, you can make it exciting by exploring all of the course and career opportunities that university study can give you. Use the information in this section of our website to see how Southern Cross University can open a world of possibilities for you.
- What should I be doing in Year 12?
- What should I be doing in Year 11?
- What should I be doing in Year 10?
- How does SCU support Indigenous students?
What's life like at Uni?
SCU has three great campuses:
- Lismore - in the Northern Rivers in a lush green setting with specialist teaching and research facilities.
- Coffs Harbour - on the coast close to beaches and World Heritage national parks.
- Gold Coast - the newest campus is close to North Kirra Beach and adjacent to the Gold Coast Airport.
We would love to invite you and your family to visit one of our campuses to have a look around, meet our staff and talk to a current student. Book a campus tour at a time and date that suits you.
Each campus has a variety of different social, sporting and cultural clubs and events. There's always something you can get involved in, including:
- Sports clubs, including soccer, hockey, rugby union, netball, AFL, swimming, surfing as well as the Northern UniGames.
- Lismore campus gym and pool.
- Cultural clubs, including film societies, women's and Indigenous networks, chess and more.
- Art, band, DJ and short-film competitions.
- ...and if it doesn't exist, talk to your campus Student Association about starting something new!
Whether you're studying on-campus or online, there's a huge range of services available to students, including: careers and employment advice; student loans; accommodation services; computer labs, printing and equipment loan.
Take advantage of the opportunities available to SCU students, including: signing up for a student mentor or becoming a student representative; studying overseas on exchange; applying for a scholarship.
Stories from our graduates
Cassie Price - Regional Manager, WetlandCare Australia
"My degree transformed my thinking. I got more interested in fisheries management because I could see how far behind aquaculture was from an environmental perspective." Cassie was attracted to the regional location of the Lismore campus and the practical components of the University's environmental degrees."
Read Cassie's graduate story.
Peter Mooney - Associate Solicitor
"I studied sports law and international law. I got to have lunch with the senior attorney of the Major League Baseball Players Association and with Michael Kirby, the ex-judge of the High Court of Australia."
Read Peter's graduate story.